Tuesday, March 25, 2008

merino -- who knew?

I've never liked wool a day in my life. I can usually cope with wool/cotton blends, and some wool/nylon blends are tolerable to me, but I can't stand to touch 100% wool.

Then Lyl showed me her beautiful skein of Socks That Rock in Korppi. It was so beautiful that I had to hold it, and much to my shock, I could hold it. It was soft and springy and wonderful. So I threw caution to the wind and bought a skein off Ravelry to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Nope, still soft, still wonderful.

So I went to Oklahoma City this past weekend to visit my sister and I went on a merino yarn rampage. I went to The Gourmet Yarn Company and SWAK in the City and went completely nuts, and I regret nothing. Nothing, I say! HAHAHA!

*ahem* Well, I regret the projects in process that really need to be finished before diving into the new yarn stash, but that's about it. :)

No comments: