Friday, May 16, 2008

bfl, my new favorite fiber

A while back, I bought a 5 fiber sampler pack from spinningbunny.com. Last night, one of my new spindles arrived and I decided to break out the BFL from the sampler pack to play with. I've seen some nice BFL rovings on etsy and wanted to know if I liked playing with it.

OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. This is the easiest fiber I've ever worked with! It flows through my hands, it spins up insanely thin and even, and it's soft as hell. I usually avoid non-superwash wool like the plague, but I could dive into a vat of this stuff. I want more, and now!

Also, the funky gothic spindle? LOVE IT. It's light and fast and spins like a dervish. It's my second 3" diameter spindle, and I am surprised by how much I like that size. The millefiori spindles are 2-1/8", and that turns out to be as small as I want my spindles to be. The 3" spindles spin faster and longer, and I can usually draft an arm length's worth in one spin.

No comments: