Wednesday, May 21, 2008

wrist distaff -- oh yes, yes yes!

Roving management is the one part of the spinning process that makes me crazy. Some people can just wrap it around their wrist and hand and everything works great -- I am not one of those people. So I decided to buy this wrist distaff to see if it would help. It's a very basic macrame distaff and falls under the category of yes I could make it, but I'd rather do something else with my time so I'll buy one, kthx.

It's fantastic! It actually works! I secure the tail of the roving in the bead cluster with a couple of figure 8s, then just wrap around the bead cluster and voila! Roving is managed, out of my way, doesn't get torn, doesn't get tangled with my single, and the distaff can double as a cat toy. (That last may not be a good thing, but Mr Eko loves it.)

If you have trouble with roving management, buy or whip up one of these babies and I'll bet you'll be glad you did.

No comments: