Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ravelympics

I had a lot of fun and will definitely participate in the next Ravelympics. I learned that…
  • Next time, I’m still going to try to make 2 pair of socks, but they will NOT both be fingering weight on size 1 needles. One will be DK, to give my hands a break. And next time, I will at least cast the 2nd pair on before the end!

  • Next time, I’m sticking with stockinette or a favorite sock pattern, because I actually WATCH the Olympics! An unfamiliar lace pattern was not the best choice!

  • Next time, if I try to spin two batts for the Handspun Heptathalon, they need to be different fibers so I don’t get bored and abandon the second batt halfway through.

  • Trying to make myself work on something that isn’t making me happy doesn’t work. It’s better to screw the deadline, take a day or two off, and play with something that makes me happy.

  • It is possible for me to frame things as “Next time I’ll do this” rather than “I am so stupid”. Takes some work, though. :)


I finished spinning Olympic Roses.
olympicroses 02

I finished Olympersimmon socks, although I will NEVER use the Orchid lace pattern again as LONG AS I LIVE.
olypersimmon 02 olypersimmon 01

Got halfway through the Olympic Butterflies batt, and didn't even cast on the Olypomotamus socks. (See above list of lessons learned.) But I had fun!

No comments: