Monday, June 2, 2008

spinning weekend

I went into this weekend feeling like crap due to my period kicking my ass, so I decided it was going to be a weekend of spinning as much as I could stand to spin.

I spun about a spindle's worth of Zaria, which is my top priority to finish. I love this merino/tencel colorway, and was thrilled to snag a matching 4 ounces of Buttercup merino/tencel. I want a pair of fingerless gloves, and plan to use Buttercup for the wrists, fingers, and thumbs, and Zaria for the body.
zaria

I spun a spindle and a half's worth of Pomegranate BFL. This is going to be the most beautiful yarn!
pomegranate bfl 03

I'm using the Opaline spindle from butterflygirl for the Pomegranate, and it is fantastic. I love how you can see the colors building up through the whorl.
opaline

I ended each spinning session with a bit of Sunshine State -- I tend to end with that one, because it's so easy to work with that even when I'm tired I can get something done.
sunshine state 02

No comments: