Thursday, June 12, 2008

zaria: singles spun, ready for plying!

I am so excited! Last night I finished spinning the Buttercup single to ply with the 2 Zaria singles!

zaria singles 01

I wound the 3 singles together into a ball in preparation for plying. (I found this post from abbysyarns on Ravelry, and it is brilliant. Plying from 1 ball instead of 3 bobbins is so much easier.)

zaria singles 02 wound

And a picture with a kitten. For scale, of course. :) The ball weighs 1.8 oz.

zaria singles 04 scale

I can't wait to ply tonight! My first project will be finished!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are those white tubes in the background? They have a nail head on the end I notice.

Maggie said...

It's Spinsanity's Lazy Kate made of dowel rods and PVC pipe. I inserted a screw into the cap so I could use my cordless drill to wind on.